LOS ANGELES – Photographer Michael J. Spear shared five areas of photography that he likes to focus on when shooting a portrait.
- Tight crops reveal small portions of the face, and using the natural geometry of the face and body to round out the frame.
2. Hard light and shadows create a sense of mystery or add contrast to the photo.
3. Using scale and geometry to find an environment that is architectural, and use its lines to round out each photo.
4. Include hands to create an interactive sense of intimacy.
5. Use any props you can find around you to enhance an attribute you find intriguing.
text EDISON CROSS source VSCO